Tiled, Vinyl or a mix of both.
when it comes to flooring I'm in the mind of picking the most hard-wearing for the given look.
usually, this is an easy choice with the choice in Vinyl and colours to match any look and feel.
Vinyl offers many benefits over tiling and not only cost.
- cost: coming in at anything around £45 per square meter and coupled to most bathroom floors being under five meters squared in the Uk, this option is the "goto" one for cost.
- speed: including the prep work, vinyl is the fastest to lay of all the flooring coverings that we at Genie Plumbing can offer.
- durability: Vinyl in the LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile) range is very hard-wearing coupled with most being able to be removed and replaced should the worst happen with the curling tongs.
- warmth: vinyl is very good in this respect as the feel underfoot is a general pleasant feeling no cooler than the air around you.
Tiling flooring with or without underfloor heating
- cost: coming in at in general cost anything from £20 per square meter the upfront cost of tile is not as expensive as say the equivalent in LVT, but don't let that fool you.
- speed: dependant on the underfloor (sub) construction the tiled option is more time expensive. preparation is king with tile with short cuts costing dearly in the future as issues with the subfloor being extremely time-consuming.
- durability: tile if finished and sealed in the correct manner can last for years, darker colours are better than lighter especially in wet bear foot environments.
- warmth: tile is never warm unless warmed by other means, installation of underfloor heating is another stage of works and generally need time to set before the process continues adding time to the installation.